Monday 2 August 2010

Cake Note 5: "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching."









Not much enthusiasm for blogging this evening, must be because it's work tomorrow. Love the quote above - nothing it truer I don't think. This is definitely not a rehearsal!

Today's cake is my rendition of one of my favourite designers - Peggy Porschen. Her version is a single tier wedding cake, all white dusted with white lustre dust. I have adapted it for a cake for a 'Mum' birthday - I've looked at this cake for ages and really wanted to make it - it's one of my favourites. Yes I probably say that about all my cakes but this one I think is so versatile! For the technically minded, it's an 8 inch fruit cake, marzipanned and sugarpasted, then decorated with royal icing swirls to which are attached petals and leaves made of modelling paste . The pearls in the centres and around the base of the cake were all handrolled - YES handrolled! That's because I have a bed maker but the pearls were a right mess, so I set to and did it the old fashioned way! everything on this cake is edible - except for the board:) Thanks Becki for the opportunity to indulge myself :)

3 comments:

  1. I am in awe of this cake, it is so stunning, I've said it at every opportunity I can and it is all deserved. Just had a slice with a cup of tea and it is delicious too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becki you are the best advert anyone can have!! I've been asked to make a cake for my BOSS's MiL!!!! How scary is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very scary BUT you don't need to be, as it will be fab :-) xx

    ReplyDelete