Saturday 31 July 2010

Cake Note 4 "Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness. -- Lois L. Kaufman"



Saturday - after a busy week I am happy to say I completed my cake orders and hopefully to the satisfaction of the lovely lady who ordered them! Today's cake is an 8" Madeira sponge and for the first time I used white chocolate ganache to provide the base for the fondant. As can be seen, it's for an ardent Sheffield Wednesday fan and as much as I enjoyed designing it, that OWL certainly gave me a run for my money! Give me a complicate, wired and taped, intricate sugar paste flower any day:) Truly, I did enjoy making this cake - outside my comfort zone and what's a challenge for?? It's for us to rise to! In my opinion, I think I did - wish there were little smiley's on here:)

I met a charming little girl today, who was VERY interested in my cakes, especially this one for her dad - she wanted to try a bite out of it before he got to see it! ....and when I showed her my lovely representation of the amazing Maisie Parrish's 'Ballerina Mice' cake...was she impressed? Not really, she advised me the little mouse had her leg up too high in the ballet pose.....and by the way, which of the mice could she eat!

So, the blue and white one is the Sheff Wed. cake (!) and the other is my personal masterpiece....or should that be 'mastermeece':)

2 comments:

  1. I think she had had a bowl of cheekiness for breakfast before we came to pick up the cakes :-) the little monkey isn't normally so cheeky. Cakes are fabulous as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was lovely Becki! Not cheeky at all, just very interested!

    ReplyDelete