Wednesday 4 August 2010

Cake Note 6: "I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. ~Claude Monet"



Not surprising that I prefer flower making to any other decorating on cakes - these are two examples I made at a sugar flower workshop, the one an Asia lily, the other the lovely Clematis with honeysuckle. Not that I am suggesting I'm in Monet's league:) I wish!

Both made from Sugar florist paste, wired and dusted with edible food dusts...although technically edible, these flowers would in fact break your teeth!

It's only Wednesday and I am ready for the weekend. I had a wonderful, but very busy weekend last weekend with my two sisters, we're all getting on a bit, but when we're together it seems like we are kids again!

I'm cakeless this weekend but have three coming up in the next four weeks so should get the chance to show off my handiwork again:) I do hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed making them.

Goodnight folks, sleep tight, hope the bugs don't bite:)

No comments:

Post a Comment