Sunday 15 August 2010

Cake Note 10: "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending ~ Maria Robinson"

I like this quote - it reminds me of all the times I have opened my big mouth and put my foot in it -and all the lovely people I have lost and never told them in time what a difference they made to my life....so do it now! Don't let a day go by without you make it clear to someone!

I've got a work in progress on the go, a cake needed for Friday, so I have the leaves made, wired and taped and sprayed with pearl lustre dust - the theme is Tiffany colours, blue and white, for the 80 year old lady who likes bling...and tell me, who doesn't like Tiffany? The diamantes which are going into the centre of the roses are not, unfortunately Tiffany diamonds!

I made the coconut and lime cake (recipe courtesy of Mich Turner 'Couture Wedding Cakes') - Couldn't get the creamed coconut so improvised with dessicated coconut! It looked a bit of a train wreck but the tasters (hanging about like spooks) gave it the thumbs up - 'can I have another slice please'...well that's a tick in my book! I would have liked to post a picture of the cake but, this is all that was left!

And the other photo of course is my wonderful Titanium...my mixer :) LOVE it.

One more day off then back to the factory - G'night

No comments:

Post a Comment