Friday 6 August 2010

Cake Note 7: "Change is not reform, any more than noise is music. "


Or to put it another way, the only people who really like change are wet babies:) Shame there aren't any smileys on here! Does anyone know where they are?

Friday is such a lovely day, I thinks it's my favourite day of the week - except perhaps Sunday, when I know I don't have to get up on Monday!!

I have the most beautiful wall paper on my feature wall now, all the depressing hard work and change that decorating the house brings, seems to be all worth it now - I can go off and choose new cushions and new curtains. Maybe my opening line should be "a fool and his money..."!

I'm gearing up for my next 2 cakes, one for an 80 year old lady who likes BLING! and one for a 90 something lady who is a bit more traditional, so Bling is what my 80 year old will get and trad for the other.

I'm thinking for cake number 1, ivory fondant with this lovely lattice cut lilac ribbon, silvered lilac roses with diamantes in the centre, all overdusted to glimmer - maybe silver leaves trailing out? I have already bought a lovely Swarovski diamante number 80 which will be positioned in the floral spray.

Cake number 2 is already sorted, my customer (special friend) has asked for one like the dark pink Stargazer lily on one of my other posts - this one will be a fruit cake - already baked and waiting for its marzipan!

I've got a bit of a challenge between these two cakes, I'm making a 10 inch square chocolate cake for a 16 year old who loves rabbits! Got an idea of a top hat on the cake, with hearts and stars on wires bursting out of the hat, and copies of her 2 favourite rabbits standing at the side of the hat waving...sort of, hands in the air kind of thing! ...well, time will tell! In between that lot I have a bedroom and a kitchen to be painted - but luckily not by me, by my newly found FANTASTIC decorator - worth their weight in gold when you find one.

The picture is a floral spray I made as part of my City & Guilds sugarcraft course - really loved making it - have a lovely weekend bloggers! I'm off to look for diamantes and ribbons tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment