Sunday 8 August 2010

Cake Note 8: "A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~Irish Proverb"



...and have I laughed today! As my dear old Auntie used to say "it's just one of those things". Nothing specific has made me laugh but I seem to have been chuckling at one thing or another all day - and Becki - you finished me off with the tale of your husband's speeding tickets!

I haven't much to laugh at, as I got a ticket too and have to go on a course to learn how not to speed:( at least I'll not get any points:)

I've jumped in at the deep end today and bought myself a new mixer - a great big Kenwood Titanium! It means I can mix great big fruit cakes without having to do it in two halves - can't wait for it to arrive:)

I've had a nice day making fruit cakes, and of course I always end up with a bit too much mixture so have a cute little 'taster' to try when it cools. I am a Coeliac (can't have gluten) and the fruit cakes are gluten free:) lucky me. My Madeira sponges are made with 'proper' flour though so I can't taste them, have to rely on others!

So, until my new orders are iced, I am posting a cake I made for my daughter's boss for her birthday - the design instructions were 'Black and Bling'! - it was my first ever tiered cake too - a fruit cake bottom layer and a chocolate top layer - 8 and 6 inch respectively.

Ok, off to bed to dream about my Titanium giant:) ..my mixer I mean!

2 comments:

  1. I have given instructions to Leanne to bring her dad to your house at the end of November to order my birthday cake :-) I love this colour combo, very trendy. Just to add to the speeding ticket story, when I asked him why he didn't notice the men with the camera, he said he thought they were surveying the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot stop laughing about it Becki!! I'll book you in for the cake - is it a 2 tier you want? I dare say Leanne will have clear guidance for me!

    But if she hasn't make sure you have told her what kind of cake, (sponge. fruit, chocolate) and what other decorations!

    ReplyDelete