Thursday 12 August 2010

Cake Note 9 "Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvenience. ~Pam Brown"


and being the 'housekeeper of three cats, nobody knows this fact better than me - a nice warm pile of ironing, your lovely new bed throw or your favourite spot to watch telly - they get there before you and turn into heavy lumps when you try to shift them!


I'm very excited today....my beautiful Kenwood Major Titanium mixer has arrived:) I have a fabulous friend who always takes my parcels in for me and her kind husband carries them over to my house...so glad he carried this one, it weighs a ton. It took me all of 5 minutes to get it outta its box and on the work top. I can't wait to have a go with it - my first practice run is going to be a new flavour sponge cake - Lime and Coconut, sounds amazing and if it turns out OK (the white chocolate one was a bit dodgy) I'll let you know. Just another flavour to add to my ever increasing repertoire:) I already have the panel of tasters waiting in the wings for a thumbs up or a thumbs down!


I need to have practice at mini cakes - I might have an order pending, so need to have practice run. I should have a new cake to post by the end of next week, but until now, the one posted is what got me interested in learning how to decorate cakes in the first place. It's my middle sister's 60th birthday cake from last year, the gerbera is made from flower paste and to be honest, I was well pleased with it! And what's more important, so was she:)


Night all

No comments:

Post a Comment