Friday 23 July 2010

Cake Note 1: "Life is hard - it either grinds you down or polishes you up, depending on what you are made of"


This is my first blog ever! I am an aspiring cake maker, having just completed a City & Guilds course in Sugar Craft and Design - and got 3 distinctions and a merit for my work! Not that I'm showing off, of course:) and I have created some very lovely celebration cakes as a result.

I thought I might use my blog to demonstrate my skills as a cake maker and decorator, and generally chat about the things that make me tick - or not as the case may be! I mostly enjoy baking rich fruit cakes, but have knocked a few madeira sponges up too...surprisingly they are much harder to ice.

Anyway, this is my first ever blog - short and sweet - hopefully I can think of more to say next time:)

take care all

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging Jean, it is really addictive!! Fantastic cakes, and they taste as wonderful as they look xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Becki - nice to see you on here!! I hope you like your latest craetions:)

    ReplyDelete