Tuesday 8 February 2011

Cake Note 28: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough " - Mario Andretti (Racing Driver!)

Happy Birthday to my lovely nephew John - a few days late but better late than never:) My Nephew loves fast cars, fast motorbikes........and my chocolate cakes! In fact, ANY cake - all the scraps from my cakes, the bits of marzipan, and now he's a fruit cake fan.

Anyway, all that this is leading to is that instead of having to cadge the scraps, I made him a special cake for his 30th birthday. It's an 8 inch square Death by Chocolate cake, crumb-coated in white chocolate ganache - filled with raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream....and iced with white sugar paste.

The decoration is in honour of his obsession with fast cars and it's made using Marion Frost's Patchwork Cutters, racing car and Formula 1 flags.

Love him as I do, I will NEVER make those flags again - they're an absolute nightmare and I had to cut each little square to make it fit.....nightmare!

Many Happy Returns to my lovely  John Boy xxx :)



No comments:

Post a Comment