Friday 28 January 2011

Cake Note 27: "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's more serious than that" Bill Shankly

Football......UGH!

Now football cakes?......well to be honest I think they are the hardest cakes to make - maybe it's because I'm no footie fan so can't drum up the interest. Anyway, this is the third football themed cake I have made - it was requested by my niece for her husband who is a Liverpool fan.....I originally got the team badge printed onto rice paper to put on the cake, as it's only a 6 inch cake and I thought a model would look too big...but I made it too wet and it dropped to bits before it got near the cake!!

Lesson learned there then:)

So, here's a Madeira cake decorated in LFC colours with a team scarf and my rendition of Chris!! He's tons better looking in real life - I hope yu had a lovely birthday -



2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the urrgghh Football, after 18 years of being with a fanatic I still can't bring myself to enjoy it! Fab fab cake as always Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becki, nice to hear from you - hope you're feeling better now xx

    ReplyDelete