Wednesday 16 February 2011

Cake Note 29: "A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year" Paul Sweeney

Wedding anniversaries - I never made it past my 16th but some people manage a lifetime together.

This is a special blog about a very special couple and therefore, a really special cake. When I started my cake decorating course in 2009, my first thoughts were  'who can I make a celebration cake for?' and the answer came to me - my eldest brother and his lovely wife - my sister -in - law Lilian are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversay on 18 February 2011.

An odd phrase, sister -in-law, to describe a lady who I have known since I was a very small girl, and who is just as much a true sister to me as my own two 'blood' sisters. She is genuinely one of the lovliest women you could ever meet and has been a part of my family so long - she is a very special person to all of us! Not many people can say that about 'in-laws'!

So, because she is so special and because she always takes the time to come and see me, even though I am the worst person in the world for returning the visit - I have planned this cake since 2009 and have loved every minute of making it and designing it - if I could wish them another 50 years of wedded bliss I would - so here is my cake - My personal tribute to my lovely brother Michael and his lovely wife, our 'sister'Lilian -

Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary!




Technical info! An 8 inch fruit cake, iced with ivory sugar paste and decorated with hand made flower paste roses and jasmine - the board has been decorated using Marion Frost's Patchwork Cutters 'Entwined Roses' then painted with edible gold dust colouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment