Sunday 9 January 2011

Cake Note 25: "At Christmas, all roads lead home". Mary Holmes

Well yes I know it's over and done with - but I didn't get time to post beforehand as I was lucky enough to spend Christmas and New Year with my son, his wife and my gorgeous granddaughter in Australia - now that was a DIFFERENT experience! No barbie on the beach but definitely one in the garden! With turkey and beef of course!

A busy time altogether, even though it wasn't me doing the cooking - but I did get to make a couple of cakes and a bit of decorating with my lovely Tinkerbelle:)

Here's the cake I made for college - we had to make a festive cake in a shape we hadn't previously done, decorated with a wired spray of Christmas flowers: -


The cake itself was a 10 inch hexagonal fruit cake, covered with marzipan and white sugarpaste. I mounted it on a 14 inch board, and imprinted a greeting and snowflakes around it which I then painted with edible gold dust.

The flowers - well, I had decided to give this cake to my special friend who always takes care of my cats whilst I am away. She was hosting Christmas dinner for 14, and her colour theme was red and gold. My flowers were therefore the traditional poinsettia, mistletoe, winter jasmine and Christmas roses, with gold twirly wires to accent. I was really pleased with it - luckily, so was she :)

Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment