Monday 17 January 2011

Cake Note 26: "If you can dream it, you can do it: Remember, this all started with a dream and a mouse". Walt Disney

OK good afternoon:) Not such a relevant quotation but I needed one about a mouse!

My daughter has friend called Rachael - and when my Granddaughter saw her on the web cam, she remembered her as " the blue Rachael", nothing to do with Rachael's mood I hasten to add - no idea why but that's how she now refers to her - " Where's the Blue Rachael?"

My daughter has got into the habit of conning a birthday cake out of me for her friends and January has been no exception - except this month it was Blue Rachael's birthday. In an attempt to get my granddaughter to come to the web cam to talk to me, I told her I was making a birthday cake for the Blue Rachael, and asked her what I should put on it........served me right......"A blue mouse" she yelled......so Blue Rachael, I hope you like your birthday cake....cos here it is, Blue Mouse and all...!



Rachael's cake is an 8 inch chocolate cake with buttercream and raspberry conserve filling, undercoated with buttercream and covered with blue sugarpaste. The anemone flower is made from flower paste with diamante centre, and has a spray of gems behind it. The mouse......well, she's wearing a blue dress and is carrying a little bouquet of gem flowers for Blue Rachael's birthday:) The inspiration  for the mouse is taken from Debbie Brown's book, "Dream Wedding Cakes".

I hope you like Blue Rachaels' cake..I hope my Granddaughter is impressed with the mouse too!






No comments:

Post a Comment