Saturday 20 November 2010

Cake Note 22 "It's a helluva start,being able to reconise what makes you happy. Lucille Ball"

...and it's easy to recognise what makes me happy - apart from my lovely granddaughter, my daughter and my son and his lovely wife - it's making and decorating cakes! To be honest, I found this cake absolutely exhausting - why? No idea. The owner described the design she wanted, and the colour scheme, and apart from using five decorations from her first christening, the rest was carte blanche.

I loved making it, from the sugar paste blocks (seen earlier) to the roses and butterflies. It took some work getting the grey teddy to fit in with the colour scheme but the teddy had to be on the top. Anyway, I learned a lot with this cake.....like how NOT to make sugarpaste look LILAC when you really needed it pink! I had to strip back the bottom 10 inch cake a re-cover it with a new batch of pink paste.

Well, I took it to the owner today, drove at 20 miles an hour to avoid potholes and bumps - was so worried that the butterflies would fall off. But no - arrived in time and intact! See what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment