Monday 1 November 2010

Cake Note 19: "It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs" Margaret Thatcher

I never thought the day would dawn that I quote Mrs Thatcher - my mother would turn in her grave! She always blamed her for ' Stealing the milk from the bairns' mouths' .....not that my Mam was one to hold a grudge:)

But, I've found a site with her quotes on it and you know, she said some very profound things! Sorry Mam:) Anyway, my daughter is home and well, my credit card it saying ouch and I feel a lot happier to have her home! The only cake I have to show is the wedding cake demo I  did for my great nephew's fiance, and I never post cakes until after the owner has received them, so, you'll have to wait till December for that. So what you have here is a very small spray of dianthus made in flower class, and thinking of me Mam and milk, and me Mam and tea - here's a teacup of flowers - just for you Mam - always loved and very much missed!


Jeannie xxx

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and delicate Jean. I am sure your mum is looking down, proud as punch at all the wonderful creations you come up with xx

    ReplyDelete