Friday 5 November 2010

Cake Note 20 - "I would hate for someone to look at my shoes and say....Oh my God! They look comfortable" Christian Louboutin

mmm? Now know why Louboutin shoes are so high!! Right, this quote is a bit irrelevant to today's post as the cake I have just finished is.....a Handbag! This is for my daughter's gift  to her friend for her birthday and I have really enjoyed making it. Credit goes to the fantastic Planet Cake book, which has a really gorgeous handbag cake in it, and this was my inspiration, so thank you Planet Cake!



The cake is a chocolate mud cake, tastes fabulous, even though I say so myself, it's filled with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam, and the crumb coat is also buttercream. I usually use white chocolate ganache but I wanted the sugar paste layer to have a bit of softness to it.

I made the handle by rolling modelling paste into beads and threading onto a bent cake wire 18g! and what should have been the Chanel back to back 'C' logo, is 'NC' for the birthday girl.



Hope you like it ?

I'm off to the NEC tomorrow to the sugarcraft exhibition.......hope I don't spend too much:)

Ciao :)

2 comments:

  1. absolutely fab design, love it xx hope you've got a purse full of money for the NEC :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very empty purse just now Becki!

    ReplyDelete