Monday 27 September 2010

Cake Note 14: Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better. Emile Coue

....and my head is getting bigger to match! Well bloggers, here I am...late on parade again. Still struggling with this laptop, oh for my scruffy old room with the desktop pc in it...I could type like...well. like a typist!

Latest offering, I made this cake for  21st birthday...now the worrying thing is, I used to look after this 'little boy' when he was three.......maybe the quote should say....I'm getting older and older!

I have an abiding memory of taking him to see Disney on Ice - Beauty and the Beast...he spent the whole of the show saying 'Yes but Jean...when is the wardrobe coming on' - :)

He's into drums and drum kits, this cake was to represent his own black and silver set. It's a chocolate cake filled with buttervcream and Duerrs fabulous seedless raspberry coonserve, coated with white chocolate ganache and sugarpaste. My thanks go to the marvellous Marion Frost of Patchwork Cutters fame, who thougtfully designed a drumkit template and consequently dug me out of a hole:) My thanks.


October will be a quiet month on the cake making front...I have started year two of the C&G Sugarcraft course so will have my hands full....as well as a trip to Australia for Christmas to see my beautiful granddaughter Zara - and her Mum and Dad, of course:) Hope you like the cake - goodnight readers (even if it's only my loyal follower, Rebecca!

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't logged in last night Jean to wish you goodnight, but I did read your blog :-) Fantastic design. Does Marion Frost do Guitar designs? A thought for Christopher's 18th next June.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she does, similar to the drum kit Becki - when's his 18th? Got Steve and family coming over end of May for Linz's 30th for acouple of weeks but should be able to do something if I know when you'd want it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry jean, you will have so much on with your lovely family coming over x

    ReplyDelete
  4. we can discuss closer to the time becki, they will be here for probably 2 weeks/3 max so I might be able to do it

    ReplyDelete