Monday 13 September 2010

Cake Note 12: "“I put all my genius into my life; I put only my talent into my works.” Oscar Wilde

It's been ages since I last wrote on my blog - sorry if anyone has missed it:)

One of the reasons is because I have moved into the modern age...and got a laptop! No idea how to work it, lost all my favourite websites and passwords, and generally lost the plot! Still struggling with the keyboard but I am much improved, thank you.

The other reason is that I haven't made any new cakses until recentley - as I may have said before, they're like buses! You'll gather I've got one to show off about. The quote from Oscar Wilde is not about me boasting about my skill....perish the thought! Rather, it explains for me the nature of the choices I was given on this cake. I was asked to make a cake for a 16th birthday for a girl...Oooh I thought, lots of girly pinks and stuff...but no, doesn't like pinks or pastels or anything remotely girly..but she loves rabbits.......so rabbits are what she got! I tried to make it a bit sparkly with the top hat and the fountain coming out of it, but the colour scheme was lemon sugarpaste and brown ribbon......I hate this colour combination personally so was worried the 'owner' wouldn't be happy with th end result. Hence the reference to putting talent into my work! As my friend said - 'It's not your cake Jeannie...make it and move on'....Luckily for me, the owner was pleased with the cake...and as a result, so am I:)

I hope the birthday girl is as happy with the sugarpaste rabbits as her Mum was!

I'll try not to leave it too long next time...2 more cakes on the go. And, I have also signed up to do year 2 of the C&G course I completed last year...let's see if I can rack up another 3 distinctions and 1 merit:) Yep...showing off now...goodnight everyone (or at least Becki..my devoted follower...hope your back gets better soon:)

3 comments:

  1. I am sure there are tonnes of people following you too Jean, I found the stats tab on my blog and was amazed at the worldwide views that I have had!! Cake as always is fantastic - you are very talented and I'm sure you will rack up a full house of distinctions on your C&G course xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you get the stats tab Becki?

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you first log in it will open up your dashboard, to the right of the New Post button, it says Edit Posts - Comments - Settings - Design - Monetise - Stats. Click on stats, there are different tabs, the Audience one tells you where your viewers are from and how many views etc. Bet you've have had a lot more than just me logging on :-) x

    ReplyDelete