Thursday 16 September 2010

Cake Note 13: "Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows" Michael Landon.

Do you remember him? 'Little House on the Prairie' and Little Joe in that American programme with Hoss Cartwright! I loved Little Joe when I was a child.......reminds me of my Mother so much and I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the programme...oh, well, it'll come to me:)

OK, so here 's a cake I have made for my very dear friend, for her Mother who will be 92 on 20th September -  the very same days as my own dear departed Mam. Not sure where the other photo is, but I daresay I'll find it before I log off....AND here it is! The request was for a copy of an earlier cake, with a pink Stargazer lily - I did a bit of crimping on this cake, it makes a really nice edge.  Anyway, this little sweetie is going home with it's owner tomorrow, and I'll be baking an 8 inch chocolate cake for a 21st birthday for next week.......the boy likes drums, so I'm planning on a drum kit and maybe the names of a few famous drum rolls around the sides.....come on....name that drum roll....the one the gorilla does for the cadbury's chocolate advert:

Long week for me even though it's been a short one..if that makes sense. I've started a new flower making class and this time my teacher is going to demonstrate Moth Orchids and butterflies. I have been desperate to learn how to make moth orchids....so watch this space:)

Over and out

1 comment: