Saturday 11 August 2012

Cake Note 62: "Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is Eternity" Khalil Gilbran

Weddings...this is what my post is today, and of course, wedding cakes!

I took an order for a cake last February and the couple took about five minutes to decide on their cake, one which they had seen in a cake magazine. I was surprised, thinking that they would be here ages, poring through magazines and pictures, but no, quite firmly, they wanted this one.

Now this isn't my design and I explained I could not provide an exact copy, as the design belonged to someone else. Anyway, I did my best to meet their needs and hopefully did justice to the original designer, Mark Tilling, a cake designer of some renown in the UK. Thank you for the inspiration! When I got to the venue yesterday, it all clicked into place.....purple, ivory and hearts...even the champagne glasses were displayed in a heart shape! It all looked lovely.

So, three tier square, base fruit cake,middle vanilla sponge and top tier chocolate mud cake. Decorated with dozens of tiny hearts.....took a while! and a shower burst with the same tiny hearts in ivory, lilac and purple - and the top decoration of four hearts intertwined, I made using pastillage.  I was thrilled with this cake - my daughter thought it was lovely....and more importantly than anything, so did the Bride and her Groom! Best wishes for a long and happy life together :)



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cake...very elegant. I can wait the occasion to make one like this. :)
    Congratulations for your grandchild!!! I think you will make a baptism cake soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kati, thank you.....yrs I am looking forward to making my Gtandson's Christening cake....he is adorable

    ReplyDelete