Saturday 14 July 2012

Cake Note 61: "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new -" Rajneesh

I haven't posted in a while, I have a very good reason for this. My beautiful daughter was due to become a mother on 21 July. Unfortunately, she didn't hang on that long and my beautiful Grandson was born 6 weeks prematurely. After a bit of a rocky start, necessitating a stay in Special Care, he pulled himself round and is now home with his Mum. He is such a wonderful little creature and I am SO proud of my daughter doing so well after such a scary time - she is making a great job of being a mother and adores her baby boy - and as the quote says - 'A mother is something absolutely new...' and my daughter is one such woman - all my love Angel XXX

The cakes I am posting are a pair of thank you cakes for the Special Care Baby Unit and the Delivery Unit, where she and my Grandson were so expertly cared for, Thank You being such a small word that says so much!

Technical details - one Luscious  lemon cake and one Death by Chocolate cake. The babies were made using First Impressions baby mould - thanks for looking :)




No comments:

Post a Comment