Thursday 17 May 2012

Cake Note 58: "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years".

What a lovely sentiment.

 I am a member of the British Sugarcraft Guild and this weekend, the Guild is holding an exhibition. My Guild branch decided to have a display table at the exhibition to show the range of skills our branch is capable of :) The theme was wedding anniversaries, to tie in with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I chose the 12th anniversary, which is traditionally silk or linen and more modern, pearls.

I was a bridesmaid when I was a little girl, and wore one of those  old fashioned flower garland headdresses. I decided to re-create that garland using  flower (gum) paste  to make  Orange Blossoms, buds and small pulled flowers, to represent the marriage; and to represent the silk aspect of the anniversary, I covered an oval drum with 50/50 sugar/flower paste, rolled thinly and then rolled with a silk impression ceramic rolling pin and draped to look like fabric. I finished it off with pearl lustre spray.

I'm very pleased with it:)

the silk effect pin makes the paste look like silk fabric

This brighter photo doesn't show the silk effect as well as photo 1.

Close up of the blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment