Sunday 18 December 2011

Cake Note 49: "“The best years of a woman's life - the ten years between 39 and 40” - anon

Getting later on parade unfortunately - I can only blame it on getting ready for my wonderful son, his wife and my beautiful granddaughters coming from Australia for Christmas. This is my final cake of 2011 -  except for a couple of personal cakes for Christmas. It is for my good friend and frequent buyer, Becki, who was 40 at the beginning of December - and now you understand why I'm saying I am late on parade! Sorry Becks......here's your cake, designed by your lovely daughter (with a little bit of tweeking from me) - I know you had a great birthday and I am pleased to have been asked to make your cake :)

The technical details - this is a 10 inch round Death by Chocolate cake, iced in white with blue accents - fantasy flowers made with flowerpaste, wired and fixed into the side with a posy pick - bead fountain, and rolled sugarpaste pearls around the base - oh and a card to represent Becki's skill and love of crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment