Saturday 6 August 2011

Cake Note 42: "Lying about your age is easier now you sometimes forget what it is!:)" Unknown

Eighty years old! What a wonderful age - and this cake is...for a lady who is 80 this weekend!

It's similar to one I did for my friend Becki's Mum, except this owner wanted sage green (Mum-in-Law's favourite colour) and a bead shower too. I wasn't too sure about the beads - it's quite a busy cake on its own, with the satin effect flowers, but to be honest, now it's done, I love it!

The original design is by Peggy Porschen, one of my favorite cake designers - her cakes are so feminine and pretty - just the kind I like to do!

It's an 8 inch rich fruit cake with sage green sugar paste, petal paste flowers, hand rolled (YES, HAND ROLLED) pearls, and a pearl and diamante bead shower with diamante 80. I hope the birthday girl loves it:)

It's cold, dull and wet here, so I do hope that my cake brightens the day of my watchers - YES! I have watchers who have viewed my blog from all over the world - a big thankyou and please, leave me a message if you'd like !







No comments:

Post a Comment