Friday 25 March 2011

Cake Note 33: Happy Birthday, One today, lots of children coming to play, lots of fun and presents galore, who could wish for anything more' MM

And it's Happy Birthday to Sofia, who is one and she's having a party tomorrow. Usually, my cakes aren't seen by the recipient until fully complete and ready for collection, but tonight I had a little visitor. Never met Sofia before but Oh what a  little beauty she is! Her Aunty brought her to see me in case the cake was done but I was still finishing off. Anyway Sofia had a dab with the sugar paste and a dab with the lustre dust...she'll have no problems when it comes to putting on makeup!

She's a star and it was lovely to meet her...I hope she likes the finished article:) I do...I love making nursery type cakes! Especially the caterpillars...

This one is a 10 inch petal shaped cake, with a pink Madeira sponge, buttercream and jam. The top is a 6 inch plain Madeira. Instructions were ' Pink and Princessy' so I've made a Fairy Bear, with  glitter and sparkle!




2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous jean, I know your cakes are always stunning, but this is really cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Becki - I do like making these sort best, as well as the flower ones. She's beautiful, the baby it's for:)

    ReplyDelete