Tuesday 5 October 2010

Cake Note 16: 'There are worse things in life than death - have you ever spent the evening with an insurance salesman?' Woody Allen

Just a short post from me today and not really about cakes, but about what a sad day it is for me and my family. The photo is of my lovely dear departed brother Jim, who died very suddenly a year ago today - I've done the usual stuff, you know, flowers, Free Press, but I just wanted to make it more significant -- and for me, well Jimmy my lovely lad, I'm blogging you!
You might think that the quote is a bit irreverent, given the circumstances, but he would have seen the funny side of it! He always used to reply, when folk said how nice a funeral was, that the only nice funeral was the one where you were putting your coat on and going home!

He made everyone laugh and apart from his lovely smiling face, I miss that most about him. Sad to say, for a little bloke, he's left a massive hole in our hearts - and he did love my cake so in a way, it's still a cake blog!

I miss you so much my bonny lad xxx

Thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment