Tuesday 3 April 2012

Cake Note 54: “For all the advances in medicine, there is still no cure for the common birthday.”

As if 50 is a 'common' birthday:)

Well I can tell you this cake aged me overnight...well, over a few nights and days. Could I make a number 50 cake please? The 5 in fruit, the 0 in chocolate cake? A bit of bling and feathers?

Yes I think I can.......Big head springs to mind, know your own limitations is another thought that crashed across my mind too. That number 5 singlehandedly floored me. It was the hardest cake I have ever covered in Marzipan and sugar paste - it was so difficult to get a smooth, clean finish and I didn't like that.

Still, after days of covering and smoothing and modelling, and nights of nightmares, I finished this blessed cake - the recipients were my friend's sister and her husband, both 50 in the same week. I think she liked it - I, for one, was glad to see the back of it!

Number cakes?? Never again!



No comments:

Post a Comment