Tuesday 14 February 2012

Cake Note 52: "Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly! ~Author Unknown"

More birthday cakes for nieces! This is for my 9 year old greatniece, who once said to me..." No one makes ME a nice cake" (she was looking at my princess castle cake at the time).

Well, her Grandma asked me to make her a small cake for her birthday tea, nothing too big, just a small family tea. I had a problem with the small cake idea, because I remember my great niece's comment last year.  I knew she likes pink and lilac, and she also likes butterflies. So, I thought she might like faeries too....especially one she can keep after the cake was eaten......here it is, hope it meets my usual standard! And I hope the birthday girl feels she now has a special cake too:)

My pink and purple Fairy ( Thanks to Frances McNaughton who taught me how to make her)


8 inch rich chocolate cake layered with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannie,

    Your cake and your tiny fairy is so beautiful and Your blog is very inspirative!
    Thank you!

    Oh, and congratulation for your grandchildren, they must growing up a bit since this post:)))

    Gyorgyi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Gyorgyi. Glad you loike my blog. Yes they are growing..one almost 5 years, one 18 months and the latest is 7 months!

      Jeannie

      Delete