Monday 18 April 2011

Cake Note 35: "Perfection is attained by slow degrees: It requires the hand of time" Voltaire

...and boy, doesn't it take time!

I think one of the main things that cake makers strive for is......no, not the perfect design - it's the perfect -ly FLAT top of your baked cake! I have tried and tried so many times not to end up with a cake with a dome that then gets lopped off to make a flat top:)

Anyway.....I have succeeded:) This cake is Practically Perfect in Every Way! (Mary Poppins!)

It happened by mistake but I have quickly written down what I did so I can replicate the perfect flat top cake......and here it is, in all its unadorned glory -

Meet my Wonderful FLAT top chocolate cake:)......well, it really is the flattest one I have succeeded in making........I bet I don't have to trim anything off...:)

Swoon if you will!



No comments:

Post a Comment